11.09.2011

Pumpkin Cake Roll

I have always wanted to make one, but have had this lingering fear that it would be a complete flop! You know the feeling right? So you avoid ever making it, but wish you could? Today was my first attempt at making a pumpkin roll. My only problem was rolling it back up without the pumpkin sheet slightly cracking. Any suggestions? I'm sure I could use advice from an expert. Despite the imperfections, I wouldn't have the slightest problem making another pumpkin roll. It was beyond divine! Extremely delicious, perfect for the season, and a great treat for neighbors and friends. I love, what I call, the pumpkin months. So many fun recipes to try and share. Enjoy!




Ingredients:

3 eggs
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup pumpkin
1 tsp. lemon juice
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt

Filling:

1 cup powdered sugar
1 (8 oz.) pkg. of cream cheese
4 tsp butter or margarine
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Directions:

Preheat oven to Bake at 375 F°. Mix together eggs, then add sugar, pumpkin, and lemon juice. Set aside. Add together the dry ingredients. Mix well. Then fold both mixtures together. Take a baking sheet, greased and lined with waxed paper. Pour batter into sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle a dish cloth with powdered sugar. Once cake is out of oven, flip it onto the dish cloth, remove wax or tinfoil and the sprinkle top with powdered sugar. Slowly being rolling the cake up with the cloth. Let cool. Unroll, spread filling, and roll back up!

No comments :

Post a Comment