11.16.2011

Beef with Broccoli

My favorite thing to eat is Asian food and I have been craving it so greatly the past few days I went against my husbands will (he is not such a huge fan) and made Beef and Broccoli. This recipe was a hit, especially for you Thai/Asian food lovers. I added in some peanuts, because they're awesome, which souped it up that much more. The beef was delicious and I still had some frozen broccoli I stored from this past summers harvest, equaling fresh, organic, broccoli. That much better. Don't forget to add in the "optional" rice, which we definitely used. Enjoy my friends. This meal made my day!





Ingredients: 

Meat Marinade

1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp sugar
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp water
2 tbsp vegetable oil (or olive oil)
1 1/2 lbs flank steak, sliced into thin strips

Whisk together the baking soda, sugar, cornstarch, soy sauce, water, and vegetable oil in a large bowl. Toss steak with the marinade to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight. 

Remaining Ingredients:

1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
4 tbsp brown sugar
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp flour
1 tbsp sherry
3 tbsp vegetable oil (or olive oil)
2 heads broccoli 
I added in the whole stalk, but you can use the crowns only.


Mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, flour, and sherry and set aside.
In a large wok or saute pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil over high heat until shimmering. Add the marinated meat and half of the sauce mixture and saute for 3-4 minutes, stirring often, until the meat is almost cooked through, not completely done. Stir in the broccoli and add 1 tbsp of oil and remaining sauce mixture. Saute until broccoli is soft and meat has no more pink left. 

Adapted from: www.rainydaygal.com











No comments :

Post a Comment